Articles are welcomed on all aspects of indexing and where can i buy levitra related matters and their application to the analysis, organization and accessibility of recorded knowledge and ideas.
All accepted articles will be copy-edited before publication, but contributors should as far as possible follow the guidelines below. Any queries should be addressed to The Indexer's Production Editor.
- Full-length articles (normally not exceeding around 6000 words) and shorter items (1000 words or less) should be submitted initially to the Editor, as a Microsoft Word document, Rich Text Format (.rtf) file, or other compatible format.
- To facilitate anonymous refereeing, author details and biographical information should be included on buy tramadol cheap medication buy a separate page.
- A very brief abstract should be included.
- References should be indicated in the text in the form: (Wellisch, 1996; Mulvany, 1999: 161). All references cited in the text should be listed at the end of the article in the form:
Wellisch, H. H. (1996) Indexing from A to Z, 2nd edn. New York: H. W. Wilson.
- Chapters in books
Bakewell, K. G. B. (1979) The Wheatley Medal. In Indexing, the art of, by G. Norman Knight, pp. 199–201. London: George Allen & Unwin.
- Conference papers
Mitchell, Joan (1997) ‘Classification as a multilingual access tool’. Unpublished paper presented at Information and restructuring for democracy conference, Warsaw, Poland, 5–7 November.
- Journal articles
Mulvany, N. (1999) ‘Software tools for indexing: revisited’. The Indexer 21(4), 160–3.
- Notes (if any) should be listed in one numerical sequence at the end of the article, and indicated by superior numbers in the text.
- No detailed formatting of electronic versions of articles is required, but there should be a clear indication of any hierarchy of buy real levitra online headings and any material (e.g. index extracts) that should be set displayed. Italics should be used sparingly for emphasis, for foreign words and order levitra online phrases and for book and journal titles. Spelling may follow either UK or American practice, provided it remains consistent throughout an article (except where a quotation has a different version). Punctuation should normally follow UK usage, particularly as regards the use of single rather than double quote marks (though the rx generic viagra placing of these in American-spelling chapters may follow American practice). The Indexer copy-editing team will undertake any necessary fine-tuning
- Tables and diagrams should complement the text and should indicate clearly what they are meant to buy viagra generic show. They should be referred to in the text and their approximate position indicated. Tables and figures should be in saved in separate files, not as part of the text file. The format for electronic versions of figures should be agreed through consultation with the Production Editor. In all other cases, good-quality black-and-white, camera-ready illustrations should be provided. Lettering should be of an appropriate size for reduction to fit the page dimensions of The Indexer (double-column layout, each column 90 x 251 mm).
- Final versions of articles accepted for publication (including a brief biographical note, all references and any tables or figures) should be sent initially to the Editor for final editorial approval.
- Contributors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce any third-party copyright material used in their articles. Permission is not required for short quotations from reviews or articles.
- Proofs will be sent to the first author only of any multi-authored article and should be returned within a week of where can i buy viagra receipt in order that the production schedule is not delayed. Proofs will normally be emailed as Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files, but hard copies will be available on request. Authors should ensure that they have provided both an email address and viagra off internet a full postal address for mailing of complimentary copies of the journal issue.
- Items for inclusion in "Indexes Reviewed" should be sent to the Indexes Reviewed Editor. The whole review, plus full publication details (publication, volume, issue, page, date, name of reviewer if known), should be sent. For legal reasons, unsupported extracts cannot be accepted, although the passage to be quoted may be indicated. Copyright permission is not required.
- Information for inclusion in the "Around the World" section should be sent to the "Around the World" Editor.